Firs

The Firs




Throughout the eigtheenth century this house belonged to the Godschall family, Dutch merchants in the City. In the 1840s it was owned by George Twining, tea merchant and banker. About 1902 Sheen Gate Gardens and Firs Avenue were laid out over its grounds but the house survived until about 1947, when it was demolished as a result of enemy action. Nos 190 and 192 Sheen Lane stand on its site.