In 1861 two pairs of semi-detached villas known as Temple Sheen Villas were built and became a conspicuous landmark for over a century. The name Temple Sheen first appears in connection with these four houses. In the Upper Richmond Road, Deanhill House was built by W. T. Atwood, Mortlake vestry clerk and surveyor. Other houses erected were Ashworth Lodge, later Crossways, between Sheen Mount and Uplands, and Gothic Cottage, later Fairsnape, at the top of Derby Road.
Deanhill House was demolished in 1933 and is now the site of Deanhill Court.